Hi friends! Sorry I’ve been MIA for the last week or so… things have been stressful and exhausting around here. I worked for a client last week who I told my boss I refuse to ever work for again… until Friday when I did a flip-flop and said I would give it another shot. I may have felt like a bit of an a-hole then. Such is life I guess.
Since I don’t feel like going into too much detail on any one thought, here are my random thoughts in a nice, neat list:
- Last week I started watching Downton Abbey. Holy cow, that show is addicting! I made it through the first season and a good chunk of the second season. So good.
- I have definitely been drinking a lot more alcohol lately than I have in a while. I’m not bringing it up as a negative factor, just an observation. I’m giving myself freedom to get out and enjoy life, including having a few too many beers with friends (or bar regulars). No worries, I don’t plan on becoming an alcoholic and know my drinking is high right now because I had been scrutinizing and trying to restrict my alcohol consumption for a while. Now that the guilt of drinking is gone, I may be going overboard just because I can. Once I’m sick of that, it won’t be an issue.
- Sort of related to the drinking – I have definitely been socializing more lately and loving it. I feel less lonely and more confident about myself when I socialize.
- Thanksgiving is this week! I didn’t think I was going to do anything for Thanksgiving since we are going on vacation, but now we are going to go to my parents’ house for a meal. I’m excited!
- I’m running a 5k on Thanksgiving day! I have not really run much since Ragnar in August… this should be an interesting 5k! Meh, I’m not worried.
- We are going to Hawaii on Friday! I can’t wait!
- I’ve had some negative thoughts about myself feeling like a failure because I didn’t lose the weight I wanted to before Hawaii. This has cause some binge moments in the last week or so. I’m working on getting over it. Must.think.positive
That’s really it! Life has been pretty simple lately with nothing super outstanding to share. I’ve had fun with friends and tough times with work and my negative thoughts. Life goes on.
Sorry, this post feels very melancholy! I just wanted to pop in and say high and give you a tiny update on what I’m up to. I can promise you a very happy and pretty post when I get back from Hawaii in 2 weeks! See you all then! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!