Hola! Look at me blogging again! Some weeks I’m so on, and some weeks I’m so off. That’s just how it is.
I thought about doing another Treat Yourself Tuesday today, but then I decided against that. I didn’t have too many treats last week besides the weekend, so it would seem like just another regurgitation of the weekend. No need for that.
Instead, I have a couple of things on my mind. First, I shared a link on Facebook yesterday that I was excited Chick-Fil-A is coming to my town. Holy cow, did I get some negative comments to that! It really made me mad. I get that people don’t care for the Chick-Fil-A leadership, but do people really have to bring my excitement down? I was |this close| to responding with the following:
So when people post things they are excited about on Facebook, we are supposed to tell them why they shouldn’t be excited and our negative views on the subject? Seriously?
Can’t we all just be nice? Can’t we support others in their excitement? Do we always have to be negative and push our own views? Just some thoughts.
I told you yesterday that I wanted to talk about my relationship with AdvoCare. Well, I’m ready to do that! Just to get you caught up to speed, here is my AdvoCare timeline:
- Did my first AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge in November/December and LOVED it. Signed up to be a distributor – partly for the discount and partly to spread some Advo love.
- Continued taking Advo products and trying to eat 80% clean. Sometimes obsessing over that percentage and really not being true to myself and super judgmental.
- Attempted another 24 Day Challenge in February/March. Made it until about Day 12 before quitting because of issues with restriction. Started worrying about how I felt about the 24 Day Challenge.
- Became quiet on the Advo front, but still kept taking products.
And NOW… I did some soul searching, some deep thinking, and talked to my sponsor, Becky, about everything. I’m back in Advo love!! Here’s what changed for me:
- I read this post from Simi at The Micro Harvest about how she is doing a Whole 30 while being intuitive. This really reopened the door for me that you can be intuitive and follow a plan, but you have to be open to the idea that you may not follow it perfectly.
- I realized that I think there was more going on than just the restriction during my last Challenge. I suffer from black and white thinking when it comes to diets*, that really came into play with the Challenge. I felt like, if I wasn’t doing it perfectly, I might as well just not do it. And I felt it was all the Challenge’s fault for making me feel that way.
- I realized the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge is not a diet. There are no hard and fast restrictions, although I’ve seen a lot of “rules” floating around the internet. If you read the 24 Day Challenge info site, you’ll notice this disclaimer:
The information found in the Daily Guide is merely a guideline and not a definitive list of what can and cannot be consumed on the 24-Day Challenge™.
As well as:
This isn’t a fad diet that eliminates entire food groups.
- I realized that, because I have obsessed with diets for so long and am in the healthy living blogosphere, I tend to beat myself up more than other people when it comes to following a plan perfectly or obsessing over the details of healthy and unhealthy foods. This one came from talking to Becky and totally made sense.
- Doing a 24 Day Challenge right after a vacation is not always the best idea. It’s actually not very intuitive because you naturally want to ease back into normal eating, rather than jump headfirst.
- Maybe a 24 Day Challenge every 90 days isn’t a realistic expectation for me. This one also came from Becky. That’s a lot of pressure to put on myself. Instead, I like the idea of the 10 day Cleanse every 90 days, with the full Challenge just once or twice a year. That helps me clean up my diet with foods I love to eat, but not put so much pressure on myself that I freak out.
*By diets here, I don’t mean the traditional definition, but rather in general what I’m eating, drinking, and how I’m exercising.
This makes me so excited! I love the AdvoCare products, and I didn’t want to feel so conflicted about the company and products any longer. Now I can keep spreading my Advo love in good conscience. Why don’t I start doing that now?! If you’re interested, here are the AdvoCare products I use on the daily (and, duh, love):
- Spark – Every single morning starts with Spark! I currently have tubs of Fruit Punch and Mandarin Orange that I choose from each morning. I love this stuff, and wish that I wasn’t caffeine sensitive so I could drink more of it daily! It gives me energy, but not in the shaky, buzzed way that coffee or soda would. There is no crash later either! Right now I drink ½ to ¾ of a serving with 16-20 ounces of water. I have one right when I wake up and then another one later. Lately it’s been in the morning on my way to work in order to get myself to sleep a little better at night. Darn sensitivities.
- Catalyst – I also have Catalyst every morning, and sometimes later in the day as well. I’ve been experimenting with having just three caplets a day or more. I don’t really see much of a difference, but I know others who swear it firms them up. As a matter of fact, one girl wrote in one of my Facebook groups today that she had been skipping her Catalyst for the last couple of days and felt “fluffy” today. Interesting, right? I do think Catalyst helps me in my morning exercise. It gives me a little zip when I’m half asleep to get my legs moving on the treadmill.
- MNS 3 – I swear this stuff keeps me healthy! Until I quit taking it to do the Cleanse phase of the Challenge, I hadn’t had any sniffles all winter. Then, BAM, I started to feel like a cold was coming on. Since I’ve been back on it, I haven’t had a single cold. That is amazing! I usually get hit with a few bad colds every winter, so to only have one is crazy to me. I also like the little zip I get from the Thermogenics included in the pill packets. Oh and (TMI?), I swear by the probiotic included in the morning packet. The probiotic, plus morning exercise, have kept me regular. I have never been regular in my entire life!
- Rehydrate – Whenever I’m dehydrated or just need something other than plain water to drink, this is what I reach for. I’m drinking the Red Raspberry flavor right now! This stuff makes my day so much better, and I look forward to the sweet treat.
These are the main products that I use on the daily, but I have even more that I use and love. I’ll share those with you another day since this post has gotten long. I have just so much to share!! Obviously, if you are at all curious about any AdvoCare products, just ask me! I’ll chat your ear off!
Have a wonderful day!