Hello party people! I am back. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be. It seems I keep writing a whole blog post and then deleting them because I think they sound dumb. A voice of reason (Katie) reminded me that I’m not forcing anybody to read my blog. If they read it, and it sounds dumb, who the heck cares? Good point. I’m just writing for my sanity anyway.
Speaking of sanity, I really needed to blog today. This week has been just crazy. Most of it is my own doing. I overthink everything. Lately I’ve been overthinking to the point of exhausting myself. Here’s just a sampling of what is constantly running through my head:
- What if I can’t get a rental car?
- What if my client hasn’t gotten my email and doesn’t even know I’m coming?
- What if I can’t get all of my work done?
- I’m going to be late. I can’t get everything done if I’m late.
- There is no way I’m going to get all of this done.
- What if the client is mad because I didn’t get enough done?
- What if I’m late for my flight?
- I need to get this done, and this, and this, and this… I need to remember to add this to my to-do list.
- I have way too much to do, I’m never going to get to all of this.
- What if I lose all of my clients because I am so bad at planning?
- I’m so tired.
All of these things, on repeat, all day long. Brain, just stop! I don’t know how to make it stop. So much of this is just dumb stuff that I am spazzing about for no reason. Just shut down for a bit, brain.
So yeah, I need the break during the day to blog. Even with all of this running through my head and exhausting me, I have been working without breaks again the last couple of days. I know, I know, I said I would take breaks, but I just wasn’t sure how I’d get everything done if I did. Maybe I could have actually worked later in the day yesterday if I had taken a break. Instead, my head was ready to revolt at 5pm. I pushed it until 5:20, but it wasn’t pretty. Know thy limitations… it should be one of the 10 commandments.
Needless to say, I am so happy to fly home today. I’m not going to get home until around 2am, but I’m also not going to set an alarm for tomorrow. It is going to be wonderful!
Doesn’t it suck that I didn’t really do much on my first trip to Louisiana? I had a fried poboy and gumbo yesterday for lunch… that was my only Louisiana thing I did. OMG those were delicious though. The other half of the poboy is my lunch today.
If I ever visit this client again, I am definitely giving myself more time to get work done and see the sights. I’m trying not to have more weeks like these where I cram a crap ton of work into just a few days, but this one got changed at the last minute. There was no way around it. I tried to have the mentality that I will just get done what I get done, but I’m not so good at that mentality. I want to do it all and help my clients the most I can. Sometimes it’s overboard though.
On my flight from Dallas to Baton Rouge on Monday I sat next to a guy who does downline marketing, which just happens to be how AdvoCare is sold. I didn’t recognize the company he worked for, but he didn’t care. He is in love with this type of marketing industry. We chatted the whole flight (about an hour) about marketing this way and the success it can bring. It was such a good conversation! It was like a mini AdvoNation (which I know I haven’t written about yet) because he was full of little training nuggets. One thing he said that stuck with me – you can’t ever have the mentality that you are doing anything to anyone. Two things have gotten in my way of spreading the AdvoCare news and really getting involved with being a distributor – 1. I don’t want to come off all sales-y and annoy people and 2. I don’t want to feel like I’m forcing people into something. I want to explain these further.
- I really, really hate the sales-y people out there. Thirty One is on my ish list because I get so many dumb Thirty One emails and get roped into being in someone’s Thirty One group on Facebook. It’s just too much pushing. I mean, I like the bags I have, but I’m only going to buy when I’m at someone’s party to help them get incentives. Just back off me. I absolutely hate that. If people aren’t interested, they aren’t interested. Constant email reminders or posts on Facebook aren’t going to help… they are just going to annoy. Which is why, if I post on Facebook, I want to keep it genuine to share my experience rather to push for sales.
- This one has to do with what the guy on the plane said to me. It’s also hard to explain. I have this weird guilt thing that, if I get someone interested in something that forces them to spend money, then I feel really guilty about it. Isn’t that weird? I think I was Catholic in a former life. The truth is that I’m not forcing anyone to do anything. I’m not doing anything to them. I’m sharing my experience, and, if they buy, they are more than likely to have a wonderful experience as well. True marketing people understand this so well in that they see a sales pitch (even if it’s not pitchy) as a way to share an awesome opportunity to others.
Basically, I think I had some doubts about AdvoCare and really going gung-ho on selling it. I don’t know why. I love the products. Like LOVE. Like my husband has asked me not to order quite so much because he’s worried about how much I’m spending LOVE. They have changed my life. Don’t I want to help others see how the products can also help them change their lives? Am I worried about losing money if I go all-in on an investment? I really shouldn’t. Not only am I involved in a great group of people who can help me out with the business end, but I just went to AdvoNation with 3,000 other people who have made that investment and are seeing the returns.
Okay, I have all of this information in my head. What does that mean? Where am I going? Well, I came to an agreement with my husband a while back that I would take things slowly and not do an all-in investment. In my opinion, the latter is the way to go, but you also have to make your spouse happy and comfortable. So for now I’m sitting on this information, still using the products, still seeing awesome results, and just biding some time until I explode into the world and spread some Advo love. I just can’t wait.
This post got really long, but was also very cleansing and stress relieving for me. I better get back to it. Happy Thursday y’all!