Similar to my last AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge recap, I want to talk about the food, supplements, and my thoughts from this last period of the challenge. As far as day groupings go on the 24DC, days 1-3, 4-7, 8-10, and 11-24 are some natural groupings as that is when the supplements switch up. I already recapped days 1-3, so this is days 4-7. After day 10, I’ll share my cleanse results (days 1-10), and then I’ll just pop in towards the middle or so of the max phase (11-24) to let you know how things are going. Besides my daily gushing that is.
- 2 ingredient pancakes. That’s seriously all I ate! The two ingredients are just an egg and a banana. I also like to add cinnamon for some added yum. Towards the end of this period I started using egg whites so that I could have a hardboiled egg for a morning snack. I don’t want to have too many full eggs in one day. I like the full egg better though.
- Chicken, butternut squash, and PB. Yes, this is a weird combination, but it was exactly what I was craving. I think I could eat PB with anything! In fact, I’m a little worried that I’m overdoing it on PB and won’t see as many results on this challenge. I’m really striving to eat less, but it’s like my chocolate right now. I’ve totally got issues.
- Tone It Up black bean soup. So, so, so, so good. Seriously, go make it! This recipe made so much that I ate this all week. It was so good, that I didn’t even care.
- Fish salad – tilapia, pico, avocado, and romaine/spinach mix. Not my favorite, but I needed a new source of protein.
- Hummus chicken. I’d never thought to try this before. You bake a chicken breast with hummus on it. It’s actually super good.
- Whole Foods bar. A little hot bar, a little cold bar. All good! I love that Whole Food’s puts the ingredients on their deli bar foods, so you can totally tell what works and what doesn’t. One of the things I had and really liked was the Detox Salad. I must recreate this at home since my nearest Whole Foods is an hour away!
- Clean turkey sloppy Joe’s with spaghetti squash. This wasn’t that good. It was okay, but I’d just never make it again. Knowing that, I’m not even going to link the recipe that I used. I didn’t even take a picture.
My snacks this period were pretty much the same as the prior period. I did include hummus and veggies one day (trying to stay away from the PB) and a homemade apple, carrot, celery juice another day. Juicing is so fun, but such an ordeal to clean up after!
The supplements on this part of the challenge are just slightly different than the last part. First, the Fiber Drink is gone. Instead, I took the ProBiotic Restore Ultra in the morning. I really didn’t notice anything different going on with this change.
I did switch a few things up during this period though. Instead of taking the Catalyst right away in the morning, I took it 30 minutes before lunch. This was because I worked out right away in the morning during this period, and the instructions on the bottle say to take it 30 minutes before a workout or meal. I also tried drinking a full Spark yesterday… still not a good idea. I was so Hangry all day!
I have been rock, rock, rocking it on the exercise front! I’ve been following the Tone It Up toning schedule for the most part. I’m still modifying to my abilities, but I think I have graduated from the 3 pound weights. They seemed too light yesterday! Hooray!
I’m really proud of myself. Today marks 8 days in a row that I have exercised. It’s also the 7th day that I have exercised upon waking. That’s so awesome for me!
My goal for the remaining days of the cleanse phase – limit the PB (we had a run-in again today) and continue enjoying myself!